Rachael n. quimby
From a young age Rachael knew she wanted to pursue a career involving all aspects of the media. Her childhood years were filled with creative flare and determination to portray her diverse, unique interests to the world.
There is never a dull moment in her life. She participated in Spark Media Project's weekly Youth Produced Podcast and Radio show Radio Uprising that airs Thursdays out of Vassar College Radio from 4-5 from 2014-2015. Her role included creating and editing podcasts, collaborating with other producers, and uploading shows onto the digital platforms. She also creates and edits YouTube videos for her channel with videos ranging from crafts, to cooking, trips in New York City, networking at concerts and so much more. As well as uploading to her blog and photographs events in her community such as charity fundraisers, concerts, and sporting events.
For the last 6 years she has been a member of the Wappingers Crew Club with one year on novice and 5 years on varsity. In the spring of 2014 she created a recruiting video for the team highlighting what the sport of rowing truly means to the rowers, parents, and coaches. In the fall of 2014 she shadowed the varsity girl’s fall head coach of Hudson River Rowing to learn more about the sport and gain experience from the coaches perspective. She is was one of four Wappingers Crew Captains of the 2014-2015 season as a senior. She was also part of a team of Senior Captains who planned the annual Poughkeepsie Susan G. Komen Row for the Cure Regatta in June 2015.
In 2013 Rachael graduated from the Eleanor Roosevelt Leadership Center’s Girls Leadership Worldwide Workshop. She has attended many events through the center, volunteers, and she speaks on alumni panels. Rachael also serves on the program’s advisory committee. This role includes admission decisions, application review, and volunteering where needed.
Academically Rachael was in both the National Honor Society and the Italian National Honor Society while in high school. She took multiple college courses her senior year through the SUNY system and took two AP courses junior year. She is received her Advanced Regents Diploma at the end of June and currently attends the University of Connecticut to pursue a double major in the Digital Media and Design Department for Business Strategies and the Music Department for oboe.
This past summer Rachael began working as a media coordinator for Curvy Consignments Plus. Her duties involved:
- Updating all of the media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram)
- Creating graphics for upcoming sales
- Marketing events the store was hosting
- Photographing products for monthly galleries
- Photo shoots to better display products
- Creating commercials for the store
- Creating trailers for upcoming events
- Working the floor, taking care of the store, aiding customers, secretarial duties, and being a cashier.
Her work from Curvy Consignments Plus can be found on the front cover as well as in the cover story of the August 2015 Edition of Your Valley magazine.
- Media Consultant for Curvy Consignments Plus & JL Pooch Treats
- Spark Media Project's Radio Uprising
- Photographing Community Events & Charity Fundraisers
- Co-Founder of "EPIC Outreach" Volunteer Group
- Served on domestic and international mission boards from ages 15-18.
- Volunteer at various nursing homes, food banks, animal shelters, day camps, & summer schools.
- Oboe Mentor
- Attending the University of Connecticut for a double major in Digital Media & Design and Music for Oboe studies.
- Windows Movie Maker
- Apple iMovie
- Microsoft Excel
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Shot Selecting
- Creative Writing
- Video Editing
- Garage Band
- Public Speaking
- Team Leader
- Time Management
- Detail Oriented
- Positive Work Ethic
- Oboe Playing
- Teaching Oboe & Piano
Mary Ellen Iatropoulos - Director of Education Spark Media Project
Kyle Bahl - Media Teaching Artist at Spark Media Project
Maureen Peters Gittelman - Deputy Director at the Eleanor Roosevelt Leadership Center at Val-Kill
- YouTube Channel
- Curvy Consignments Plus: Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- Curvy Consignments Plus: Grand Opening
- Curvy Consignments Plus: Official Trailer
- Julie's Cause (Cervical Cancer Foundation) Promotional Video
- Dutchess Tourism: 2015 Dragon Boat Races
- Rowing Recruitment Video
Spark Media Project